BOOK NOWcontact us

Brexit Information

Although the United Kingdom has left the EU, the British people still feel very warmly towards Europeans and we look forward to continue welcoming students from across Europe to study, travel and work. Here are some answers to many of your frequently asked questions:

Now the UK has officially left the EU, a new immigration system has been put into place for EU/EEA/Swiss citizens travelling to England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland. Depending on the length of your studies, you may need to apply for a visa:

  • If you stay under 6 months, you don’t need a visa – you can visit the UK to study at an accredited institution for up to 6 months
  • If you stay between 6 and 11 months, you will have to apply for a Short-term Student visa
  • If you stay over 11 months, you will need a Student visa

If you’re applying for a visa outside the UK, receiving a decision on your visa should take 3 weeks (where 1 week is 5 working days) from the moment you submit your application or attend your appointment at the visa application centre, according to the British government.

However, we recommend you begin procedures well before your language course begins as you may be required to go through several steps such as producing documents showing your finances and qualifications, attending an interview or a biometric test. The earliest you can apply for a visa is 6 months before you start your course.

If you’re applying for a Student visa from outside the UK:

  • Visitor visa fee (required for certain non-EU/EEA/Swiss nationalities): £95.00
  • Short-term Study visa fee: £186.00
  • Student visa fee: £348.00

This will depend on your visa type and your circumstances, for students on English courses less than eleven months; you will not be allowed to work.
For students in the UK on the Student Visa; you may be eligible to work in certain jobs – how much depends on what you’re studying and whether you’re working in or out of term-time. Unfortunately, you’ll have to wait until you’re told if your application is successful to be notified of what you can and cannot do on a Student visa.

Yes, but only until October 1, 2021. From then onwards, EU, EEA and Swiss citizens must use a valid passport which should be valid for the whole time they are in the UK.

Government Website

Get an online brochure